Hello everyone,
Day one is finished and it was a long one. Arrived at the hospital at 7am for the port insertion and didn't make it home until 6:30pm.
Everything was pretty much on schedule yesterday with only a small delay in the chemo start time as the port appointment overlapped with treatment. The best part of the day was a minor reaction to one of the drugs that had me feeling like I just finished 10 margarita's with Patti! That was quickly stopped with a good dose of benadryl which reversed the side effects and made me pretty sleepy.
I was able to sleep most of the night with only one venture to the kitchen for tylenol and anti nausea medication. So far my stomach is handling the chemo pretty well which I am sure is thanks to the good drugs. The one side effect that is pretty annoying is the cold sensitivity. The slightest change in temperature sends a electric shock through my fingers. I was warned about this but really didn't expect it to be this sensitive. I am looking a little strange right now. Walking around with a bright red face (not sure what that is all about) and winter gloves is a little bit of an eye sore.
Not much else to report today. Overall I am feeling pretty good and will take the next few days as relaxing time.
Bye for now,
Karen
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Karen
ReplyDeleteI wanted to wish you a happy Mother's Day. Mother's Day used to be so easy, didn't it? Life throws us curves and we see things differently. I am praying for you everyday.
Love,
Sharon