Saturday, October 16, 2010

Round 9 And Then A Break

Hard to believe nine rounds of chemo already!

I met with my oncologist last week prior treatment and was very happy to hear that he encouraged me to proceed with surgery. He usually isn't very opinionated but he actually said "chemo is not a cure for you, surgery is, so if I were you, I would have the surgery".

October 13th was my last round of chemo until after surgery. I am looking forward to the break from the side effects which will also make our Florida trip more enjoyable in November. As long as the cancer doesn't grow or spread while I am off treatment I can return to the trial cocktail drugs following surgery. I see the surgeon again on November 9th and that is when I will get my surgery date.

I am off to Mexico with work on the 26th of October, Florida with the family November 13th and then taking some time to relax before surgery.

Take care everyone and I will update my post when I receive my surgery date.

2 comments:

  1. glad you are going to have a bit of a break!!

    I am sure all will go well. Enjoy this relatively quiet time .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the decision you have already made is now confirmed to be your best option. Hope you feel better soon from your last round of chemo for awhile. I'm glad that you have made family vacation plans. Enjoy your time in Mexico too!

    ReplyDelete