Friday, January 27, 2012

2012 Has Arrived With A Bang

Happy New Year! I know it is a little late but this is my first post for 2012.

Monday of this week I had my 3 month appointment with my Oncologist. To our complete shock, the results of my latest CT scan showed significant growth over the scan 3 months prior. What they initially thought was scar tissue about a year ago has now turned out to be cancer.

The tumour has redeveloped in the surgical area from November 2010. I do recall the oncologist telling me that once my chemo was finished (July 2011) a change in this suspicious tissue would tell the truth.

The next few months will come with new appointments, another CT scan and an appointment with my oncologist March 19th. Between now and March 19th I will have an appointment with my surgeon as well as a radiation oncologist to determine what options may be available. My oncologist did not believe we should start chemo right away and that we should wait until I have the other two appointments. Once I start chemo it will be a permanent approach with hopes that it contains the cancer, it will not cure the cancer.

On positive notes, we are leaving for a 1 one week vacation in Mexico on Feb 9th and I have accepted a new position within Alcatel that is very exciting.

lastly, I received an email greeting card today from my life long friend and this sums it up nicely!
Obstacles are a part of life......When and how we will face them, one never knows....Keep up the fighting spirit.....Try, try and never quit.

That is all I have for today but I will be in touch.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment