Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23rd

Hi everyone,

I really don't have too much to update everyone on at this point.

I did start chemo last week at the Queensway Carleton Hospital which is a change from my last rounds. It is closer to home which is convenient and my oncologist works at that site one day per week. Chemo was as disgusting as I remember, never a great experience! My stay in the hospital on day one is very short, getting in and out within 2 hours. When I leave treatment they send me home with a canister of additional chemo drugs that infuse for 46 hours. A nurse comes to the house and disconnects the canister and port when the infusion is complete. All in all it is a pretty smart method of delivering chemo without having to be at the hospital.

As of today, I have decided to have my next treatment at the Queensway but then I will request a move back to the General Hospital. It is a little out of the way but the treatment schedule would be on a Tuesday instead of Thursday which will make life easier on the weekends. Waiting every Saturday for a nurse or the clock to be able to remove the canister and my port is not very appealing.

Yesterday was a disappointing day. I was scheduled to have a video conference call with the surgeon in Toronto, but 30 mins prior to my appointment he was called into the operating room. I am trying to be patient and wait for the reschedule but as most of you know patience is not one of my strong points.

For now, I do not have any other information. Chemo is scheduled for next Wednesday and I hope to hear from the surgeon very soon.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy our beautiful Ottawa weather in March.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment