Tuesday, November 6, 2012

More Good News

Hello everyone,

My life these days is all about good news and I couldn't be any happier!

The appointment with my Oncologist a few weeks ago was another high.  Based on the pathology report and the surgical notes they informed me there is no role for chemotherapy.  With all of the tumour margins being negative and the lymph nodes being clear, they believe all of the cancer was removed with surgery.  They don't want to give anyone chemo without evidence of the disease.  They don't want to risk the future need of chemo being successful.  It was a very nice surprise and I am ecstatic that I didn't have to take any more chemo on.

My home nursing visits have come to an end which is also a sign of good progress.  They came on Halloween to flush my port and discharge me as a patient.

My recovery is still going very well and no complications.  This is such a welcomed change for me.  I honestly have to thank the Toronto General Hospital for this.  I was a little worried about the level of care you would receive in such a large hospital but they are an A+ facility and I couldn't have asked for better care.

Right now my plan is to return to work the first week of January.  This is going to be a tough adjustment after being out for so long but another sign that life will return to normal.

I will not have to see a doctor again until late January when I will repeat my blood work and have a CT scan.  This will be the routine every three months.

Winter is coming so we booked our adult vacation a few weeks back.  We are off to Hard Rock Cafe,  Punta Cana in mid February.  Gives us something to look forward to!

I am not expecting to post again until late January so I have to say it now, Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy this special time with family and friends.

Love to all and thank you so much for all of your support.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment