Friday, December 10, 2010

Pathology Results

I received an unexpected call today from my surgeon saying that the pathology report was in on the tumour he removed. Turns out that 90% of the tumour was dead cancer cells. I guess this means that chemo was really working when I didn't believe anything was changing. I never would have thought that a tumour could be dead but obviously this is the best news I could receive.

A Wound Care Specialist was also visiting today and did say that everything is looking good. The only issue will be re-starting chemo on January 6th. The nurse does not believe my wound will be healed by then so chemo will get postponed.

That is all for a great day!
Talk soon,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. That is great news...you do seem to take the hard way with everything!!

    You have such a boyant and forward looking nature that I am impressed and sure that in the end all will be well.

    much love

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete