Last week was my first follow up with the surgeon or at least his office. They work in a group of 5 so you never know who you are going to see.
He looked at my wound and poked around a little and said things are coming along. His guess is that it will take another 3 weeks for the wound to close. He pulled up my CT scan from December and said there is no evidence of the tumour which was great news. He asked about follow up chemo and believes this is the best approach. I did mention my upper abdominal pain and it turns out that it is very normal and could last up to 3 months. He said the stitches are very deep and the healing can take a long time.
I also received an appointment in the mail for chemotherapy that is scheduled for January 25 and February 15. I am pretty sure the January appointment will be canceled after I see my Oncologist on the 24th but time will tell. I don't think they will start chemo until the wound is closed but maybe if it is close enough they will?
I go back for one more follow up with the surgeon in February but they did say I could cancel if everything is 100%. I have also decided to proceed with the 6 cycles of chemotherapy even though the 3 was much more appealing. I suppose if they changed the protocol to 6 there is a good reason for it so I should take what they are suggesting.
Today is the coldest morning all winter, -25....brrr! Stay warm everyone.
Karen
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well it is good to hear that everything seems to be going so well!! It does seem to take a long time to heal...though I must suspect that it seems even longer to you!! in any event...your strong outlook and determination is to be admired!! One tough cookie!!
ReplyDeletePaulette