Dear Cancer,
It has now been just over a year since you decided to enter my life again. You were not welcomed a year ago but now I believe you are gone and that makes my day.
The ups and downs have been plentiful over the past year and now we will only accept the ups! I just finished my second round of chemotherapy (or eleven) and the side effects are more than I can handle. It appears the break for surgery did not give me a fresh start on the chemo path, it is as if I just finished round 11. There a no new side effects from previous treatments but they are more intense and it is taking me a week before I even leave the house after treatment compared to two days in the past.
I see my oncologist on the 2nd of May and I plan on requesting a lower dose for my next round of treatment. If he proceeds with a lower dose and the side effects are manageable, I will continue treatment, otherwise this will be my last round. I realize most of you can't understand why I would cut my treatment short but I honestly don't feel I can manage the side effects at this intensity much longer. I will have a CT scan on the 27th of April and will ask for a PET scan to confirm everything is still clear before I make my final decision. For now I believe round three (twelve) will be my last.
I will update everyone once I see the doctor and get my results back from the CT scan. For now, take care and keep smiling!
Karen
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Karen...I am so sorry to hear that you are still going through such side affects!! You know your body and yourself better then any one else so I am sure you will do what is best for yourself right now...All the love and admiration I feel for you is hard to express on a machine...but I hope you know in your heart how proud we are of you!!
ReplyDeletePaulette
Whatever you decide to do, know we all support you and will continue to pray that from this day forward you remain healthy and cancer free. It's been a rough road, but as usual, you've come out on top! Knew you could do it, even if you had to do it the hard way!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya lots
D,J,B & K