Sunday, March 27, 2011

One Down ~ Five To Go

Hello,

Chemotherapy went ahead as planned last Tuesday. As usual we spent most of the day at the treatment centre and the only question was how long they had to administer each drug since I had been off for several months. Imagine this.....I am the only person that has stopped a Clinical Trial and restarted, which led to the confusion on how long they should infuse the drugs. Just as the confusion began my Oncologist came walking through the centre and recommended we just start where we left off. That was nice to hear and saved us an additional two hours at the centre.

The side effects of this round were not as severe as my last few cycles but still pretty powerful. Oddly enough, I think I actually forgot how crappy these drugs make me feel. I had to keep asking Scott if this round was better or worse than the previous ones. Scott assured me this round was better and I am now convinced as well. So far I haven't started losing any hair but an unwanted thinning won't cause me too much trouble.

The very best part of the week was having my last home nursing visit for my wound. Yes, finally after 3 1/2 months they have decided I am healed! There is still a very small hole that I need to keep my eye on but their scheduled visits are over.

Being back at work has been tiring but I am enjoying it. Getting back to a regular routine and stimulating the brain every day isn't something you can buy in a bottle!

That is all I have for now. My next treatment is April 12th and I will have a CT scan 3 weeks after that.

Bye for now,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment