Today was my first scheduled day to be back at work but I only ended up spending about three hours in the office. Nice start!
A nurse is still coming to the house every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so of course my first day back to work was a nursing day. Last week I requested the first appointment of the day and informed the nursing service I was returning to work. I was told that I was number two on the list for the day so I was expecting a visit early morning. Turns out the office did not give my message to the nurse and she arrived at 11:30 am. I then had to be a the General Hospital to see my Oncologist for 12:45 pm so there was no time for work. I arrived at the hospital to find out that the doctor was running 45 mins late so I finally made it to the office at 2:15 pm!
Now for medical updates. The portion of my wound that is not healed is 0.30 cms in diameter and 0.20 cms deep. So what is left to heal is very small but was enough to stop me from starting chemo tomorrow. My next appointment with my doctor is March 21st and I will be starting chemo on the 22nd. During my next visit all I can say is "yes, the wound is healed and the dressing is to keep the dust out"! At this point I am confident it will close and the nursing visits will soon come to an end.
Pretty sure I will be extremely tired this week going back to work but it is great to get parts of life back to normal.
Karen
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment