Hi gang,
I can't believe I haven"t posted anything since May. Sorry for that, I guess time has past quickly.
To date I have completed 24 rounds of chemo and I couldn't even guess how many CT scans. Now it is time for a rest!
Everything has been going quite well. Chemo sucks as usual but at least every second week was good. My last CT scan was in July and the results were positive, the tumour was shrinking.
Also, in July I met with the surgeon again in Toronto. Is outlook has not changed and the surgery process he described back in the Spring is still the plan. Surgery is set for September 18th in Toronto and I am expected to be staying for two weeks post surgery. Knowing me that stay could be longer but the surgeon has agreed to put me on antibiotics after surgery which may reduce my chance of infection.
My oncologist is not planning on chemo after surgery but I think that is a discussion we need to have again. As long as my surgery healing goes as planned I would prefer to have a few clean up rounds of chemo to make sure everything is gone. Time will tell on that one I guess.
My summer has been great overall. Once I get over my chemo week I am able to enjoy the summer. The kids and Scott are well and I have enjoyed being off with the kids this summer.
That is all for now. I will do my best to post (or have Scott post) and update after my surgery.
Karen
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so glad to hear all is going well..glad at least you have had some good times over the summer.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!! your spirit is inspiring!!
oh by the way it is your cousin lynn...just so you know!!
ReplyDelete