Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chemotherapy Cycle 4 Is A Go

Hello everyone,

It has been several weeks but honestly it is a good thing. I have been feeling great the last few weeks with only a few little blips along the way.

Yesterday I met with my Oncologist and was able to get a few things clarified. When the cancer is no longer visible on a CT scan I will only need to complete two additional cycles of chemo. This finally allows some sort of end period which I didn't have before. I hope my next CT scan (week of July 12th) shows just as much or more progress than the last one. He also confirmed that they will still look for a surgeon who can/will remove the lymph nodes at some point. I suppose this is a good thing but as many of you know I don't tend to be the best patient where surgery is concerned.

This round of chemotherapy was on the fence until today. My blood work yesterday showed my white blood cell count was below an acceptable level for chemotherapy today. I came to the hospital early today to repeat the blood test and the counts had nearly doubled since yesterday so chemotherapy is underway as we speak.

No much else is really new. I am on vacation next week with a long time friend,our children and our Moms at the cottage. Hoping for great weather.

I will be in touch soon,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment