I suppose there is something to be said about setting your expectations too high. I had hoped for as much progress on my CT scan as the first but was disappointed with my results this week.
I had my standard oncology appointment on Monday when a student arrived in the room to discuss my CT scan results. He began with saying "no change from your last scan and the disease has stabilized". My instant reaction was anger and disappointment. My thoughts were stabilization is not what I am looking for, I want it to disappear. A few moments later my regular doctor came in and told me I was doing fine and that it isn't unusual for the tumour not to shrink. My next CT scan will be the week of August 20th and time will tell what that shows. For now I need to remain positive and be thankful the existing tumour did not grow and relocate.
Chemo went forward on Tuesday as planned and was uneventful. I believe arriving and leaving within 6 hours is a record for me!
Feeling ok today but the nausea is pretty strong. Not much else to report but I do start 2 weeks of vacation at the cottage next week which I am looking forward to.
Touch base soon,
Karen
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Karen..as you know I am not a computer expert so I hope this message gets to you!! I have been following your blog..and am amazed at your strength and resiliance...this latest while I guess is a little discouraging is certainly not a setback!! still going forward and no retreat...that's the way...
ReplyDeleteLove as always lynn (paulette)
Hi Karen...It is now Saturday the 31st. I just heard from Janet and explained to her that you probably had trouble with connecting with me with your blog because Rogers cable was out on my street!! I6 took us a week to have someone come to our area who knew what he was doing and finally got us all back on line!! so now I can contact you easily and follow your progress....I must say you do inspire!!
ReplyDeletePaulette (yeoman2)