The past three weeks have been very long waiting to hear what the plan was for my chemotherapy.
I met with my Oncologist this morning and the news is outstanding. Chemotherapy will restart on March 1st and I will be returning to the clinical trial. The doctor decided to wait another two weeks to allow a little more healing for my wound. He said once he starts chemo the wound will stop healing. Let's hope it is cleared up in the next two weeks. The nurses the last couple of days are noticing a difference so it is finally moving along.
There was no explanation on the confusion with the trial protocol or not qualifying for regular chemo. When I mentioned the confusion he said "oh ya, don't worry about it". I can only assume that the written documentation for the trial program had an error in it with regards to the total number of weeks you can be off treatment for surgery. Whatever the reason it worked out to be in my favour. Thank god because the money tree wasn't doing very well in the snow!
I have also decided that I will wait to return to work until after my first cycle. I sent a note today letting them know that I will be back in the office on March 7th and I am looking forward to getting a routine back and seeing all of my friends again.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Karen
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations my dear. You are now in the "winner's" circle. Love ..mom
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!! I have been keeping Carol, Buck and Ronnie as well as Monique and Uncle Ron up to date!! they all send their best..(you know them...no computer!!) anyway....good for you!
ReplyDeletePaulette
Awesome Valentine's Day news!!!! Better than flowers!! Congrats....
ReplyDeleteLove ya
D